Launching Hub Designs Magazine
The Hub Designs Blog is becoming the Hub Designs Magazine!
The Hub Designs Blog started in July 2007 as a way to chronicle the development of the consulting firm Hub Solution Designs, and as a way to capture my thoughts on the master data management and data governance industry as it evolved.
Forty-six months and more than 290 articles later, we’ve outgrown the blog format, so it’s time for some changes – we’re going from being a blog to being an online magazine.
New look and feel
We recently changed the “look and feel” here; we’re going for a cleaner, more visually elegant look, with more of a “magazine” style. The previous look had become a little cluttered and busy over the past year or so.
Our recent “spring cleaning” included our corporate web site, the Hub Designs Newsletter, and the MDM Community, the online community of practitioners (which will be welcoming its 500th member within the next few days).
In the past, we’ve had guest authors occasionally, but we’ve recently added several new columnists to our regulars. We’re really excited about them all because of their excellent writing and their breadth of perspective:
- James Parnitzke: Jim is a well known MDM and enterprise architecture thought leader. He’s been writing for us since March 2009, had a very popular series called Modeling the MDM Blueprint and recently wrote a great article on How to Build a Strategic Roadmap.
- Rob DuMoulin: A consultant with expertise in MDM, data governance, business intelligence, and enterprise data architecture, Rob’s been writing for us since November 2009. He also had a popular series, Data Profiling For All The Right Reasons, and recently wrote the Varonis Analyst Briefing.
- Julie Hunt: a software industry analyst, business technology strategist and consultant from Austin, TX. Julie blogs at http://jhcblog.juliehuntconsulting.com. Her first article will be published as a short series in early May.
- Henrik Liliendahl Sørensen: a data quality and master data professional from the Copenhagen area in Denmark. Henrik has his own blog on data quality at http://liliendahl.wordpress.com. His first article was Golden Relations and Platinum Relations.
- Kimmo Kontra and Pertti Karhu: co-founders of a Finnish data management consulting company, Datpro. Kimmo writes at http://datalifeuniverse.blogspot.com. Their first article was MDM Is Not Only About Aligning “Business” and “IT”.
We’ve already started running some of their pieces over the past month. By the way, some of these folks write for other journals or have their own blogs, so please let them know how much you appreciate seeing their writing here by commenting on their articles when they do appear.
The other change is that we will soon start accepting advertising from the MDM and data governance vendors we cover. If you’re interested in advertising, please contact us via the Hub Designs web site.
Hub Solution Designs, the consulting firm, has been vendor agnostic from its beginnings, with partnerships in place with all major MDM providers, including Oracle, IBM / Initiate, SAP, Orchestra Networks, Talend, Kalido, and Stibo Systems. By partnering with all but not formally aligning with any, we’ve remained objective.
We will follow a similar policy here at Hub Designs Magazine. We’ll maintain a strict policy of objectivity, because our integrity means everything to us. As William Shakespeare said, “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
The Hub Designs Newsletter will announce each new issue (primarily for people that don’t visit the online magazine regularly) and will summarize each month’s content in one easily digestible format. If you prefer to get the content in your e-mail inbox once a month, then the newsletter is the best way to do that.
We’ll continue to announce each new article on Twitter, as we have been for a while now. If you use Twitter.com – or other clients like TweetDeck, HootSuite, Seesmiq, etc. – look for tweets from @dan_power using the hashtags #MDM or #DataGovernance.
Our RSS feed will continue at http://feeds2.feedburner.com/hubdesigns.
Please let us know what you think!
HubDesignsMagazine.com will continue to be a great resource for practitioners looking for the latest MDM news, conference coverage, analyst briefings, research, professional positions, white papers, and best practices.
Please let us know what you think of this by commenting here, or by adding your comments on Twitter with a retweet >> New on Hub Designs Magazine: “Launching Hub Designs Magazine” at http://wp.me/p5Tdn-Dy #MDM.