There’s a lot going on in the Hub Solution Designs and MDM world since we ticked over to a new year on the calendar:
- We’ve got an article coming out in the March issue of DM Review
- We’ve helped finalize the agenda for the MDM track at the upcoming Oracle Applications User Group Collaborate 2008 conference
- We’re working with a great client in the upper Mid-West
- We’re in the midst of re-designing our web site on a new platform
- We’re pursuing about 14 potential new projects at various stages of the sales process
- We’re involved in a large proposal effort with another consulting firm
So it’s been pretty busy over the past couple of weeks. One way to tell when we’re in “heads down” mode for a time is when the new blog entries start becoming further apart. We’ll try to do better in the new year of writing more short entries, rather than a few, widely spaced long articles.
Hub Solution Designs continues to be very optimistic and positive on the Master Data Management space. Yes, there is some vendor hype going on (when isn’t there?). But underlying that are a large number of real client problems for which MDM is a good way to solve the business issues and drive ROI. Sometimes alone, sometimes in concert with something else like a BI solution or a Risk Management solution.
So even though we are still, in some ways, in the “early adopter” phase of the overall MDM market, it’s starting to heat up very nicely. We continue to get contacted via a variety of different channels by people looking for help with their strategic MDM initiatives. The phone’s not ringing off the wall, but the number of projects we’re getting contacted about is very healthy and it’s consistent with where we were hoping we’d be at this stage of the development of the company.
So we hope your New Year is off to a great start. Please let us know via comments to our posts how your real world MDM initiatives are doing or what your perspectives are on this space.