I thought I’d recap our “Top 10 blog posts for 2008” for anyone who might have missed some of them.
- Ten Best Practices for Master Data Management — by far our most popular post (with thanks to MDMSource.com for featuring it)
- Our MDM Partnership Strategy — discusses our vendor-neutral strategy for partnering with the MDM hub vendors
- Different Styles of MDM Hub — outlines differences between Registry, Transaction and Hybrid style hubs
- MDM Business Case Creation & ROI Analysis — links to a “one-pager” on our Business Case Creation & ROI Analysis service
- How Master Data Management is Similar to ERP — talks about the similarities in organizational disciplines and processes between ERP and MDM
- Metadata and Master Data Management — discusses what metadata is and different approaches to managing it in the context of MDM
- Critical Data Quality Questions — outlines four “hard questions” relating to data quality and MDM and suggests ways to answer them
- Building a Data Governance Organization — five points to keep in mind as you build your data governance organization
- Five Essential Elements of MDM — technology (hub, integration, data quality, external content) and organization/process (data governance) required to succeed with MDM
- Importance of Integration to MDM — piece urging MDM project champions to think about the role and importance of data integration
These have all been read 100-800 times in 2008. If you’re interested in my articles in DM Review and speaking engagements, they’re outlined on the Publications page of our web site. If you use Twitter, you can follow me here.
Thank you all for reading this blog!