Silver Creek Systems Acquired by Oracle

It had to happen eventually: Oracle is acquiring Silver Creek Systems, a leading provider of product data quality solutions.

I first became familiar with Silver Creek through a chance meeting with Martin Boyd, Silver Creek’s VP of Marketing, at the Fall 2007 MDM Summit in New York. We both ran into someone from Weyerhaeuser, and all of us ended up going out to dinner at a great New York steak house.

I stayed in touch with Martin after that, and gradually learned more about Silver Creek’s product data quality solution, DataLens. I’ve said for a long time that data quality plays a critical role in master data management, so as I learned more about product information management (PIM) and product MDM, I naturally wanted to learn more about Silver Creek.

I profiled Silver Creek in April 2009, and my first hunch that they might end up getting acquired by Oracle came with the announcement later that April about the OEM relationship between Oracle and Silver Creek, where Oracle would pre-integrate Silver Creek’s DataLens solution with Oracle’s Product Data Hub.

This blog covered Silver Creek again in October 2009, where Martin Boyd did a great presentation at Oracle OpenWorld, saying that “10% of the total effort will be on the MDM software implementation, 40% on establishing governance and documenting the master data architecture, and 50% on data remediation” (according to AMR Research).

So I’m pleased but not surprised to see the news of Oracle’s acquisition today. For more information, you can read Oracle’s press release here.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. MDM Solution Specialist / Senior Manager at Oracle « Hub Designs Blog - 12/29/2010

    […] Data Quality Servers, providing end-to-end data quality for structured data (and Oracle Product Data Quality accommodates unstructured […]

%d bloggers like this: