From time to time, Hub Designs highlights an MDM-related position as a courtesy to a friend of the firm.
Sr. Project Manager; Life Technologies, Carlsbad, CA
Making Life Even Better.
Life Technologies Corporation (LIFE) is a global biotechnology tools company dedicated to improving the human condition. The company was created from the merger of Invitrogen Corporation and Applied Biosystems in November of 2008.
Life Technologies customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. LIFE’s systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that make life even better.
With annual sales in excess of $3 billion, LIFE employs approximately 9,000 people in more than 100 countries and possesses a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of approximately 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses.
Life Technologies is a publicly traded company trading on the NASDAQ under the symbol LIFE. For more information on how we are making a difference please visit Life Technologies on the web.
Position Objective: Technical Project Manager manages and delivers IT projects. This individual is responsible for working on a team to provide direction and mentoring to project managers and project teams.
– Lead project governance activities and associated communication, executive briefings and reporting for assigned projects.
– Oversee all aspects of project scope, schedule, resource risks and overall management to ensure and drive successful delivery of assigned projects.
– Ensure deliverables/milestones in project plans are achieved within cost, schedule, scope, quality and delivery.
– Responsible for managing and overseeing the operation of assigned projects, including setting strategic priorities, conducting blueprint sessions, setting milestones, reviewing progress, reporting status, re-allocating resources, and resolving conflicts.
– Assure that the project teams are managing the system development process including systems analysis, technical design, coding, testing, turnover to production, acceptance criteria and review schedules.
– Assure that project teams are managing communications, change management, and training.
– Provide overall capital and operating expense project budget development and responsibility for assigned projects.
– Manage critical supplier and internal customer relationships.
– Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in project management disciplines, as well as multiple business processes and/or technical areas.
– Work with other Project Managers managing technology initiatives; provide expert consulting services such as project set-up; project rescue; resource planning, demand/capacity analysis.
– Work with the PMO Team and Senior Leaders to help practice and spread project management standards, disciplines and rigor across Life Technologies.
– Provide guidance in establishing best practices in the use and integration of portfolio and project management methods and tools.
– Leverage industry best practices to plan, manage, monitor and report on all projects.
– Provide documentation of all PMO framework design and analysis work.
Skills and Credentials:
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience, and/or Master’s degree a plus
– A minimum of 7 years of hands-on SDLC IT project/project management and/or work in an enterprise IT PMO. Experience in delivery of successful ERP, Master Data Management (MDM), HR programs a plus.
– Proven ability to lead groups, manage project deliverables, and maintain client relationships-Proven ability to lead groups, manage project deliverables, and maintain client relationships
– Experience in managing budgets, project plans, resource allocations, and priorities.
– Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma Experience/Certification, FDA Computer Systems Validation, or M&A/Integration experience is a plus.
– MS Suite, Visio, expertise with Excel, Databases, querying languages
– Demonstrated skills with portfolio and project management tools
– Application of process improvement frameworks such as SEI-CMMI, Six Sigma DMAIC, ITIL, COBIT
– Demonstrated expertise with various industry PM methodologies including AGILE, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, PMI PMBok, other.
– Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
– Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
– Strong leadership skills.
– Excellent analytical and technical skills.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent planning and organizational skills.
– Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics.
– Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions.
– Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
– Respected as a leader
– Influential in the organization and a team player
– Active listener, open to other views and capable of seeing the many sides of the situations
– Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
– Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
– Leverage industry best-practices
– Analytical Thinking/ Decision Making
– Adaptability/Interpersonal Communication
– Commitment to Results/ Team Player
– Business Acumen/ Process Management
– Managing Finances/ Budgets
– Acting with Integrity & Trust
Scope of Activities:
Provide project leadership to high impact projects involving large, multi-disciplined project teams composed of both internal IT Staff, external consulting partners, and business unit representatives.
For more information on this position, please click here, then do a keyword search for Project Manager. Choose the “Sr. Technical Project Manager” position.