From time to time, Hub Designs highlights an MDM-related position as a courtesy to a friend of the firm. This position at Google involves both data governance and data integration.
People Technology and Operations Integration Analyst
This position is based in Mountain View, CA.
The area: People Technology and Operations
The People Technology and Operations function is responsible for the technology and operations underpinning Google’s People Operations function. Hubbed from 3 global locations (Mountain View, USA; Dublin, Ireland; Singapore ), this global team works to ensure the operational integrity of the company’s people processes, and partners with the engineering team to bring innovation in the way the company uses technology to attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. The team’s responsibility is complemented by a focus on optimizing operational processes, from problem definition and design to execution. PTO roles provide an excellent opportunity to make an impact across a range of human resources and business groups on a global basis.
The role: People Technology and Operations Integration Analyst
As an Integration Analyst, you will work with engineers and members of People Technology and Operations to help facilitate and oversee the integration of highly-sensitive and confidential data between Google’s internal systems and with external HR and financial systems. This position is an excellent opportunity to get a broad introduction to People Operations and Human Resources at Google. You will have an opportunity to learn about a variety of HR processes and to interact with different People Operations teams all over the world. In addition, you will acquire widely reusable skills in the areas of project management, process improvement, metrics, and vendor management. This may include management of other stakeholders involved such as vendors/outsourcers. Previous HR background is not a requirement.
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders, team members and software engineers to communicate data integration needs, processes and deadlines
- Create processes to prepare data to ensure seamless integration
- Uphold Google’s strict standards of privacy to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data
- Diagnose, design and implement process improvements, including identification of problems and opportunities for enhancement of process parameters (quality, error rates, turn-around time and customer satisfaction, etc.), definition and assessment of improvement options, and execution/project management for the respective initiatives
- Perform operations, which may include highly-reliable data entry/manipulation around employee information and customer-friendly handling and resolution of inquiries, questions, and problems. Operations will also include analysis and resolution of problems and special cases as well as communication with internal HR business partners, recruiters and other stakeholders
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record
- Experience with ETL (extract, transform, load) tools, data transfer and scripting languages
- Human resources experience (in particular HRIS/HRMS administration operations) is a plus
- Affinity for technology, including intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills, Web/Internet/HTML and experience with enterprise type applications
- Exceptional attention to detail and solid time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer-service skills and a welcoming and helpful attitude
- High level of creativity, perseverance and openness to change