I arrived in Orlando, FL this morning for COLLABORATE 11, the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) conference. This year, the Master Data Management (MDM) track looks outstanding.
I did a full writeup on it a couple of weeks ago, so I won’t rehash that here, but I was impressed today with the sessions by David Bartlett from CPG Solutions Inc. and Anthony Bartolomeo from PLDevelopments on “Product Lifecycle Management Use Case for Pharmaceutical Industry”.
Another one that was a big hit was “Managing Global Customer Data Using Oracle Data Quality Management and Party Merge – One Year Later”, with Nick Soh and Mike Foxcroft from Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. This was a very practical and targeted look at how Ritchie Bros. have used Oracle to improve customer data quality, and how they’ve allowed customers to enter data in self service mode via their web site, and use the TCA Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to create or update customer data, or to merge duplicate parties when needed. Lots of good ideas in this session.
Sessions I’m looking forward to tomorrow (Monday 4/11/2011) include:
- “MDM Case Study: Making Information Management the Foundation of the Future” by William McKnight (9:15 am – 10:15 am, Room W304H)
- “The Strategic Nature of Master Data Management” by David Butler of Oracle (10:30am – 11:30am, Room 308C)
- “Data Governance – A Key Component of Enterprise Data Management” by Brett Larrabee, Jawahar Malladi and Prasad Adapa, Booz Allen Hamilton (11:45am – 12:15pm, Room 311B)
- “Centralize Customer Management with Credit Management, Customer Data Hub & Business Intelligence” by Glynn Malagarie and James Jackson, Hitachi Consulting (1:15pm – 2:15pm, Room W304H)
- “Critical Success Factors for an MDM Initiative” by Mahender Bist, Rapidflow Apps Inc. and Robert Kilby, Cypress Semiconductor (2:30pm – 3:30pm, Room W304H)
And at the very end of the day, I’ll be doing a Q&A panel with my good friend, Mani Kumar Manda and a few surprise guests at 3:45pm – 4:45pm in Room W304H.
Please come by and say hello if you’re in Orlando for COLLABORATE 11 – I’ll be in Room 304H for most of the day!