A great career opportunity at one of our partner firms
Master Data Management Architect
Here’s some information on a full time MDM Architect role, focused on product development, at a partner company.
The Master Data Management Architect must have experience working with data warehouses and/or data marts, as well as data management experience, in order to contribute to the company’s products and client solutions. Specializations may include data modeling, data architecture, master data management, metadata management, and/or data governance. This role requires understanding the master data management and governance process. This person needs to be able to lead a large team and build consensus. The MDM lead will ensure proper coordination among cross-functional teams for decision making, ownership of data in various data elements, and setting & providing strategy around who can create, update, and delete/discontinue business-related master data. It’s important for the MDM lead to understand the difference between primary and secondary data elements and functionality that each data element or setting affects.
- Creating functional requirements as input to application design
- Developing and testing detailed functional designs for Business Intelligence and/or Data Management & Architecture solutions
- Using technical expertise to ensure functional requirements are met
- Supervising and participating in application build, test, and deploy activities
- Minimum 3 years Data Technology experience to include Enterprise Master Data Management along with Data Modeling, Data Governance, Meta Data Management, Data Architecture
- Minimum 3 years Informatica MDM tool experience with Hub and IDD
- Experience leading small to mid-size teams (2-5 resources)
- Data Modeling and Data Administration (above and beyond ETL) for multi-dimensional data. Data modeling background to include constructing databases: normalization – 1st – 5th normal form; utilizing data modeling tools to record, update, reverse engineer and generate DDL; creating logical and physical data models for current and proposed states; turning application designs into data model specifications; understanding data storage requirements and estimate database growth; designing OLAP and reporting tool data model requirements.
- Master Data Management: business process design for managing master data throughout the lifecycle
- Data Quality tools (i.e., Informatica, Trillium, SAP/Business Objects / FirstLogic, IBM QualityStage, SAS/DataFlux)
- Big data experience a plus
- Hadoop experience a plus
- Full life cycle development
- Healthcare industry experience
- Analytics or data mining
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
For more information, please contact email@example.com.